Commissions are currently open, with a queue! (possibly a month or two at the moment)
note: removed examples currently; I will generally judge a price based on the individual commission. If you are looking for something similar to a previous piece of mine, let me know as that can help judge a price.
- half : $25
- full : $50
- more for extra characters, or complex design/clothing
- portrait (something with a simple background/pattern and not super detailed/shaded)
- $30 - $50
- more for multiple characters, more complex background
- if you're giving me an existing design to draw it'll be $30 (unless super complex), just a description will cost more .
- if you want something simple (like a bust, for an icon) it could be less than this!
- depends on amount of characters, background complexity
- as well as style - Let me know if you want something lined or fully painted.
- These prices are guides, I may adjust depending on various factors
How to commission
- Email me at email@example.com
- Tell me what kind of commission you want - if you're not sure what category it'll be under, describe it and I can figure it out, or give you different options of varying prices.
- Tell me the details of the art: please provide clear visual references of the characters(s) and anything else necessary. This is especially important if I’m not familiar with the characters, and the more references the better! Like, if you want to do a stick figure drawing to show the pose you want, please do. I can also work from just descriptions if that's all you have, though.
- I will reply with whether I can do it, the price and anything I need clarified - we can discuss this and once we’ve agreed I will send you a paypal invoice.
- I’d like the payment up front - if it’s more than $50 you can pay half before and after if you want
- I generally send a few WIPs (sketch, lineart, colours) - you can request minor changes, basically anything that’s not a major compositional change tbh
- If I give you a price higher than you were expecting, please let me know that you can't afford it, I won't be offended. I'd prefer that to just getting no reply!
- Previous commissions I’ve done for people are here.
- Payment is via paypal - so you’ll need a verified account. If you live in NZ I'm happy to take bank transfers.
- You will have the rights to use for whatever non-commercial purposes you want, but make sure to credit me where appropriate!
- If it's something for cover art or something else being published/reproduced I will probably charge more - these are my prices for things for personal use (or indie creators , etc)
- No nsfw or super gory - nothing more than anything I’ve posted before (like, naked merfolk are okay as long as it’s not super sexual).
- Animals generally count as an extra character (unless it’s small or in the background)
- If the illustration contains something particularly complicated like fancy architecture or mechanical things, for example, I may raise the price.
- If you are going to post it on you tumblr tell me! I like to reblog all my art onto my art blog. Otherwise let me know if I can post it onto this blog.
- Simple character things should take me 1-3 weeks after payment to complete it - other things maybe longer, depending on how busy I am. I’ll let you know. It also depends on how quickly you reply to WIP emails (sometimes this is just because timezones don’t match).
- Commissioning a cover or something else with design elements aside from the illustration itself, like the type? I can do that too! (although type is not my forte, I did do a design degree!). Let me know and I'll work out a price for that, too.